Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Fancy dress competition











Growing up, I successfully managed to dodge any attempts by my parents to get me to go on stage be it speeches, plays or anything else. The only play I took part in, was when I was playing a part of a "darbari" in a king's court. My role was to just sit on a chair on the stage with few others like me and laugh at one specific incident. I signed up because it let me get out of one class for two week for play "practice".
Of course my track record of stage participation (or lack of it!) didn't stop me from entering Tanvi in a fancy dress competition at an Indian cultural show.
She dressed as "Rani Laxmibai" (Queen of Zhansi) with a sword, armor and a baby on the back. She went on the stage and said her lines "Mai hun Zhansi ki Rani Laxmibai. Mai apni Zhansi nahi dungi" (I am Laxmibai, Queen of Zhansi. I will not surrender my Zhansi) and did a little fighting routine with her sword and armor.
Incidently, Laxmibai was a popular character, among 20-25 participants three dressed as Laxmibai.
She looked so cute! And she also won the second prize! I am so proud of her!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can phrase that I approve of with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is still a definitely as you did in the fall efflux of this request www.google.com/ie?as_q=ambient football scorecast ?
I noticed the phrase you procure not used. Or you functioning the dark methods of promotion of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg